Parlor gun ID?

goldidig

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
Guys, this little Parlor rifle belongs to a buddy of mine. It dates between 1867-1876. The only ID he has been able to find on it is N.Courard(I think the spelling is correct) and Liege Belgium. He is trying to find out a value for it and has been unable to get any idea. It is very ornately carved and engraved. It is approximately a 6mm caliber. I told him I would post it on here to see if anyone could help?
Al
381172975.jpg

381172977.jpg

381172982.jpg

381172991.jpg

381172993.jpg

381172973.jpg
 
Last edited:
I've seen something similar not to long ago. It was a small rimfire shotgun for shooting backyard pests. The "breechblock" was cocked back, leving the chamber exposed. When the trigger is pulled it basically slamfires the round. Half of a rolling block action is the best way to describe it. No clue as to value.
 
It is a flobert action and nice looking but I question whether it would be called a gallery gun. Gallery guns in my mind are the elaborate schutzen style guns with set triggers and elaborate target stocks chambered for BB caps and in german are known as zimmerbuchsen.

cheers mooncoon
 
Thanks guys! That's exactly why I posted it on here. :) I have no idea at all about these kind of firearms. Looks like it's a Flobert. I corrected the post to read Parlor now. Now we'll see what else we find out next.
 
Last edited:
.http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20d/a%20courard%20gb.htm
Not too much info there, but there were numerous Flobert makers in Liege back in the day.
I have read that some writers (J.J.Grant ,for one) considered the unlocked breech Floberts with the extractors on the hammer to be the earlier form. Later ones have a thumb operated half moon extractor.
Some BB caps are potent enough to "self extract":D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom