Pawn Stars

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
Anyone watch Pawn Stars on History TV? There is an antique gun nearly every episode. Lots of long guns, muzzle loaders, Winchester repeaters, revolvers and at least one Colt SAA I have seen. It can also be funny to see what some people want for them (ie - expecting $20,000 and walking away with $1,500) or finding out your $900 Colt cap & ball is a $90 repo.
 
i love the show for all the stuff they bring in, get to see cool stuff and find out about it

the new show about the auction house is cool as well, like pawn stars but auction instead of pawn shop. oh and no chum-lee character
 
oh yea ive watched almost everyone, when ninjavideo was up still. They are great, the big black guy in some eposodes is carrying.
 
There is only one reason for bringing your familiy heirlooms to a pawn "YOU NEED CASH$$" If you think these guys are there to give them a fair price, your wrong! If they can't make 100 to 150% on what they take in they can't stay in buisness, thats the plain facts! I really love the show as I had an uncle who ran a local dump and it was unbeleavable what people throw away, my first gun came from the dump a Cooey model 39! then a Huskavarn 30-30 single shot, wish I still had that! Great intertainment, but don't think there arms expert knows enogh by just a kwik glance, as you all know sometimes its take alot of time and reasearch to find the true history and value of a firearm! Anyway its just entertainment!cheers Dale Z!
 
I get a kick out of how they think "collectors will go nuts" if a 1840's era caplock US musket is still loaded, or if a 17th century brass-barelled English blunderbuss doesn't blow up when they foolishly fire it. Oh brother.
 
That new show "Auction Hunters" on Spike tv (or I think its Spike) also have gun finds. I've seen a Colt Peacemaker, and also an old Pepper box, H+K etc.

These shows are fun to watch , but I wonder if any of the cool items found have been planted.
 
That new show "Auction Hunters" on Spike tv (or I think its Spike) also have gun finds. I've seen a Colt Peacemaker, and also an old Pepper box, H+K etc.

These shows are fun to watch , but I wonder if any of the cool items found have been planted.

Come on, its on TV, what possibly could be fake about it?
It sometimes make me wanna go and check out auctions more and more though.
Rob
 
Ha, did you see the one with the double barrel black powder coach gun with a pop-out bayonet? It was sweet! ...and they fired it at the end and made an attempt at stabbing with the bayonet! Pure entertainment! :D
 
That new show "Auction Hunters" on Spike tv (or I think its Spike) also have gun finds. I've seen a Colt Peacemaker, and also an old Pepper box, H+K etc...

They've been mercilessly rebroadcasting the episode with the P7. After cutting the safe open with a plasma torch, burning the bejeezus out of the grips and abusing that poor little pistol, they figure the collectors will still go sideways for it.

They couldn't hire two more hamhanded chimps than those two.
 
The show is fun to watch. The antics of Chumley are at times are priceless.
The Old man is hilarious, he just has not patience for the other goofs...makes for fun TV.
The work the guy does on the cooler, Gas Pump and jukebox is incredible!!!!! That is something to see.
The guns that come in do run the gamut of awesome pieces to downright crap, but it is cool to see them.
 
They've been mercilessly rebroadcasting the episode with the P7. After cutting the safe open with a plasma torch, burning the bejeezus out of the grips and abusing that poor little pistol, they figure the collectors will still go sideways for it.

They couldn't hire two more hamhanded chimps than those two.

oh I saw that :eek: good lord what hammerheads.... Plasma torch on a safe, what if it was full of cash or paper bonds, they could have burnt thousands of dollars. Adn it was a cheap looking safe, they could have found a better way of opening it.
 
Only thiefs and nuckle heads open safes with plasma cutters!! I like the idea that some shmuck is sitting home and watching those 2 clowns buy there stuff for a few hundred bucks, incredible. Looks like a nice way to make an tax free income! cheers DaleZ!
 
They still pay too much for some of the stuff, just show I think. Why would somebody bring in the appraiser and appraise something for $4,000 and then offer $2,000 when in the first place the seller would have been happy with $200.
 
oh yea ive watched almost everyone, when ninjavideo was up still. They are great, the big black guy in some eposodes is carrying.

since ninjavideo is gone try the Icefilms.info, you need to set it a bit but much better then ninjavideo on volume of film and shows.

Never watched this show I will give it a shot! sounds very interesting.
 
Back
Top Bottom