Pedersoli Charleville muskets

Tyockell18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Location
Not really sure.
Alright well, I'm considering buying either a 1763 or 1777 charleville musket from pedersoli.

What I wish to know is how the reliability, lock time and geometry is on them.

I do not reenact and never will, I buy military muskets to live shoot them and sometimes hunt with.

Anyone who owns or has first hand experience on them, please chime in.

If you have pictures of yours, even better!

Thanks :)
 
Had a Navy Arms 1763. In hindsight, perhaps it was one of the ones I should have kept.
Decent gun. Lock worked well. Full sized musket lock, and plain touch hole, which don't contribute to really rapid lock time.
 
I Have a assembled by me miroku 37+ y/o kit "I assembled it 7-8 years ago" that is awesome. I also have a pedersoli bess I built up from a kit 6-7 years ago "600 hundred dollar kit sale" today my pal and I took her out and she really performed, she has been a performer since the day I bought her, many, many rounds and 2 frizzens later.

Yes pedersoli arms give you the flexibility to buy frizzens easily and that ALONE is a BIG BIG selling point.

I think your Charleville will be a cherished arm, she will only function as good as YOU do.
 
I Have a assembled by me miroku 37+ y/o kit "I assembled it 7-8 years ago" that is awesome. I also have a pedersoli bess I built up from a kit 6-7 years ago "600 hundred dollar kit sale" today my pal and I took her out and she really performed, she has been a performer since the day I bought her, many, many rounds and 2 frizzens later.

Yes pedersoli arms give you the flexibility to buy frizzens easily and that ALONE is a BIG BIG selling point.

I think your Charleville will be a cherished arm, she will only function as good as YOU do.


Nice write up :) I'm excited to get my hands on a nice piece, just been trigger shy due to the price. Yeah the fact that parts are readily available is a big factor that you can't really claim for the India made guns.

My loyalist arms gun has been going strong for awhile now but one of these days something will crap out and it won't be a simple ordeal to fix it.

Thanks as well for the input.
 
Well I placed an order with Collector Source. They have a new in the box 1763-66 Charleville listed for $1095.00.

That's the best price I have seen so far. They seem to normally range from 1300-1700! ouch.

I have to wait until the 15th for them to get back into the office though, ugh.

Oh well, should make a nice gun.

pedersoli_charleville.jpg

pedersoli_charleville2.jpg

pedersoli_charleville4.jpg
 
WOW shes a REAL beauty!!!!!!

Last weekend My friend and I canoed out into the wilds with my bess, he LOVED it, the bess shure got hot there!!

That musket will be your pride and joy and most fun arm to shoot, and once you become proficient with her you she will amaze you with her accuracy and adaptability from ball, buck and ball, straight buckshot and bird shot.

Might as well start stocking up with kit.....Get some goex, some lead, a 62-66 cal mould a old leather jacket to cut up for securing your flints, a big bag of lead shot and of course black english flints...Lots of black english flints....The big ones, and why not get a proper cartridge pouch with block.

Cheers and enjoy!!
 
WOW shes a REAL beauty!!!!!!

Last weekend My friend and I canoed out into the wilds with my bess, he LOVED it, the bess shure got hot there!!

That musket will be your pride and joy and most fun arm to shoot, and once you become proficient with her you she will amaze you with her accuracy and adaptability from ball, buck and ball, straight buckshot and bird shot.

Might as well start stocking up with kit.....Get some goex, some lead, a 62-66 cal mould a old leather jacket to cut up for securing your flints, a big bag of lead shot and of course black english flints...Lots of black english flints....The big ones, and why not get a proper cartridge pouch with block.

Cheers and enjoy!!
Excellent idea lol, I really like my texas chert flints too though, they seem to have a good life span even without knapping them much and on the really heavy springed loyalist arms musket.

I think I will enjoy cleaning the charleville more than my sea service musket, punching out the pins trying not to ding the wood can be a pain. The barrel bands will be nice for take downs.

Is your Bess a pedersoli? I would really like to buy their bess sometime down the road as well.
The .75 cal is badass, I was shooting an old car wreck at my buddies back forty and it was punching some impressive holes in there!.

Glad your friend had fun, it always seems to put a smile on peoples faces when they crack off a big bore black powder gun, it's just something all on it's own. Love it.

3-4 years ago, I thought primitive guns were rather comical and ridiculous at best, I had no appreciation for a firearm unless it took a metallic cartridge. Those days are long gone and I have fallen in love with flintlocks.

They are an amazing piece of engineering in my opinion, extremely rugged and versatile, easy to maintain and use and all you need is BP and a rock, shove whatever the hell down there if ya gotta. It's awesome!
 
Last edited:
I agree flintlocks and in particular the big military muskets are amazing!! When It comes to cleaning I dont take the barrels off anymore, instead I slap a layer of high pressure grease to the underside of the barrel once every few years and it makes life easy, for cleaning now I run water down the bore a few times until it runs clear then I use alcohol to get the water out and then swab the bore with a good grade gun oil like clp then grease the tube if its going to be in the safe.

The bess is a Pedersoli she was on sale from Dixie years ago, 600 bucks for a pedersoli bess kit!!! I should have bought 5 of them, Shes great, Im on my 3rd frizzen and shes fired countless shots. Great musket that just seems to get better and better!
 
Back
Top Bottom