Pedersoli Enfield 1853

Dsiwy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Wondering if anyone own's a Pedersoli 1853 and have tried .570"round balls through it?

The pedersoli's do not have progressive depth rifling and have a 1:78" twist fyi. So they should be shoot round ball well.

I am looking for a fun gun that I can shoot out to 100m and not have to make bullets for it or pay big bucks for them. I'm down to the Pedersoli 1853, mortimer and rocky mountain.
 
Last edited:
I have Parker Hale's 1853, 1858, 186, Chiappa 1858, and an A. Zoli 1863 Remington (Zouave). I like to shoot Hornady .570 patched round ball.
I've found that the PH rifles, the ball is a tight fit on the way down. The Italians are a little easier, so maybe they made the bores .58 instead of .577.
Definitely don't use .590 round balls, won't fit. They all shoot pretty good with these tired old eyes and grumpy body.
 
Sorry hat was a typo lol, ment to say .570 round ball.

I am thinking I might just get a Jager or Mortimer rifle instead. Atleast I can adjust the sights and 54cal is easier to find balls for.
 
Yeah am really leaning in that direction now, I love the English style locks. I have a Pedersoli Brown bess that I can ring a gong with at 50m and want a gun that can do at least 100m.
 
Back
Top Bottom