Pedersoli Sharps bore Diameter.

oldrodder

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.6%
244   1   0
Location
Sudbury, ON
I slugged the bore on my Pedersoli "Quigley" in Cal. 45-120 and the slugs mike out at .4565" I measured with both verniers and micrometer.
Came out the same.I thought that was pretty tight for a .45 caliber. My paper-patched boolits mike out at .459" and the bare boolit is .456"
Tiggr, have you slugged your 45-70? Just curious as to other .45 bore sizes. I'm looking for comments/advice from other .45 cal BPC shooters.
Thanks,
Mike
 
I had a Pedersoli that came out at not much over .456". I have a Shiloh that is not much bigger than that. My Badger barreled C. Sharps rifles come in at .458".

Chris.
 
Last edited:
My Shilo Sharps runs at exactly .458 over the grooves and .450 over the lands. My paper patched bullits run out at .449, a nice slip fit in the bore that boots up nicely at launching leaving an appropriate cloud of confetti.

Ricky
 
My Pedersoli Sharps 45 - 90 mikes .450 bore and .458 across the grooves. I had an old Pedersoli roller than had a .446 bore diameter, however.
 
Back
Top Bottom