Percussion Cap Pistol ID Help (with larger photos:-)

SilentSmith

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Location
GTA, ON
Hey Guys,



I'm having a tough time trying to get any kind of ID on a pistol I have. I will post some pics later this week when I get access to a camera. In the mean time the only markings I can find are on the side "C J" appears by the hammer and a heavily scripted "F" on the trigger guard. There is also scroll work but nothing I would say is identifiable to a specific manufacturer.

Do anyone have any good sites that show some examples for comparison?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And now for Pic's


IMG_2160.JPG


This looks like 'C J' to me, I could be wrong.

IMG_2161.JPG



This looks like 'F' on the trigger guard.


IMG_2162.JPG



IMG_2163.JPG
 
Quite possibly made in the US because I don't see any proof marks on the top of the barrel. Possible there is a belgian proof underneath out of sight. Also probably an economy grade gun and not one made by Deringer because I think he had his name on the lock plate of his guns

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom