cant_rope_the_wind01
CGN Regular
- Location
- West central Alberta
so today I bought a percussion cap muzzle loader,at the Yorkton gun show and sale
50 CAL, looks like a hawkins style with double set triggers
because there was no manual with it , what type of powder should i use??
how much???
as I have all the different grades of powder already, in Swiss, goex and elephant brands, cartridge grade for my bpcr,s and Swiss 1 1/2 f for my bpcr as well, i also have ff, fff, & f
i,m going to p/u some 50 cal balls and some maxi balls as well on Monday,
I was thinking of starting with 80 grains of ff and work up to 100 grns of FF does that sound right???
50 CAL, looks like a hawkins style with double set triggers
because there was no manual with it , what type of powder should i use??
how much???
as I have all the different grades of powder already, in Swiss, goex and elephant brands, cartridge grade for my bpcr,s and Swiss 1 1/2 f for my bpcr as well, i also have ff, fff, & f
i,m going to p/u some 50 cal balls and some maxi balls as well on Monday,
I was thinking of starting with 80 grains of ff and work up to 100 grns of FF does that sound right???


















































