Percussion Revolver with C grade black powder

maliboy67

Regular
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I was given a pound of cartrige grade black powder. I have no other use for it but my percussion revolver. I know that the larger grain size will probably burn slower so if I use the same volume measure as I use for FFFG it should work fine but maybe not as much velocity. Just wondering what some of you more experienced in the subject thought.
 
you have a lot of leeway in terms of charge vs safety so the volume is not an issue. Heavy charges in Italian repros tends to crush the barrel key / wedge so as long as you are using light to moderate charges now, I would just up the charge maybe 10 or 15% from your current load. If you are already shooting a fairly heavy load I would not increase it. Most accurate loads I think tend to be relatively light charges

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom