Perrins Owners Club

oldfarmer2

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
My name is John and I run a clay shooting ground in Worcestershire, England. With a couple of friends we have started an ‘Owners Club’ for anyone who owns a Perrins Gun made in Worcester in the 1800’s or ones made by Thomas Perrins of Windsor.
The web site is http://www.perrins-gunmaker-of-worcester.org.uk/ and anyone with a Perrins gun is welcome to be a member – no cost involved – just a few photos. We already have a couple of owners in Canada and a couple in the USA.
Look forward to hearing form any owner and the rest of you please enjoy the nice old guns we have on the site.
John
 
Welcome to CGN it is great to have members from the other side of the pond. I don't get to see too many fine old guns so your site is a treat.
It is possible that some members here own one of the Perrins guns and I would really like to see some pictures.
The pepperbox pistol from the 1840's is interesting..very similar to the Manhattan and other North American makers of the mid 1850's that were made to avoid Colt's patents.
 
Skinney
Thanks for that.
I will try and sort out some photos of our 'best guns' and put them up here. It is nice to talk with like minded folk.
This first picture is of a gun we would very much like to find.It is of a rather interesting Perrins - an 8 bore double rifle!! I am sure it is somewhere - again probably in the US. This is the information I have on it.....

It is a picture of an 8 bore hammer double rifle by Perriin in Richard Akehurst's book "Game guns & Rifles" It was then in the W.Keith Neal collection which I think was dispersed a few years ago when Neal died. We have searched the auction records but no sign - so it is either still with the family or it was sold previously.

8boredoublerifle.jpg


This one is self explanitory - a close up of typical engraving.

DSC_0003-1.jpg


The last one is of the three old men (founders) in fancy dress at the Perrins Owners meet at my shooting ground last year. L to R Vaughan Wiltshire, Myself, Lynn Hennessey.

More to follow as soon as I get time.
John

DSC_2100.jpg
 
you definitely have me drooling. I don't recall ever seeing a Perrins in this neck of the woods. That 8 bore looks like a fun gun to shoot, as long as it is not too light.

cheers mooncoon
 
Here are a few more photos of the meet we had last year. This is the table full of perrins guns.

DSC_2107.jpg


The next is of the sad old farts who own them!!!

DSC_2088.jpg


This little cannon is not a perrins but it made the day go with a bang.

DSC_2085.jpg


This punt gun is not by perrins - but it is mine! I'm afraid I only get to kill oil drums with it these days - but I have never had a 'runner' yet!!!

DSC_2079.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom