Photo posting blues...

Easyrider

Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi, all
I would like to post some photos, so I read the tutorial. Now my head hurts. This forum is super complicated to post pics on, compared to lots of others I belong to. Is there a simpler way to do this? On some, you just click on the little icon, and select the photo out of "documents", or "pictures" or wherever you keep the pictures. I don't want to be that guy that #####es and whines about the forum, I really like this place a lot, but I frequently don't post pictures because I really dislike relearning the process, and having to figure out two other programs to make it work. And don't be flaming my ass about being an old fart who can't use a computer, please. I know for a fact that there are others besides myself who struggle with this. It doesn't have to be this hard...
YMMV

Glen
 
Sign up at an image hosting site and upload your computers images to it in the manner you're currently accustomed to.

Then open the image in the host site and copy and paste the IMG URL into the forums reply box.
 
Well this forum isn't hard to post pics in,but you cant do it directly off your puter as you have found out. I use photobucket and its actually quite simple. If you set up a acct with them I can walk you thru it..
 
I did eventually get them to display, by cutting back on the size and quality. There seems to be an upper limit to the file size which is not documented.
 
I believe that I have stumbled across the solution. It appears that if you give CGN $25 for a Team CGN membership, you can post pictures directly. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not really a bad thing to help support the site. I get a lot of pleasure from this place!
 
try this...

posting pictures is easy once you figure it out.
If you use Photobucket for instance, (Photobucket.com)
you click the upload button

upload_zpsmwatv8cy.jpg


choose your photo (if you don't have your browser full page you can even drag it over from your desktop)

choose_zpspswnzcje.jpg


If you click the blue button a box will appear to choose your picture. You have to know where it is so having it on your desktop makes it easy.

choose2_zpsbekb43vl.jpg


once it's loaded you click your photo that appears bottom left of your screen and it takes you to the links to the photo(right hand side)

links_zpsndmcjeq1.jpg


click on the link that says direct, it will turn yellow and say copied

in your post box here, click on the little picture frame up top (4th from the left in the picture)

insert%20link_zps7vaqaayf.jpg


copy (ctrl+v) the link into the box that appears(you may have to wait a few seconds for the box to appear)

insert%20image_zpsb6shlhst.jpg


click ok
your picture will then become part of your post. Note the wraps around the link.
it's really pretty simple once you have done it the first time.

here's an example, I've left the / out of the last


insert%20image_zpsb6shlhst.jpg[IMG]
 
I invested the $25 in a Team Gunnutz membership today, and "presto", I can now attach photo's pretty easy. In addition to, I get some other enhanced services, and get the warm fuzzy feeling of having made a contribution to this, my favourite internet forum. I would encourage anyone else with an interest to consider this.
Oh, almost forgot, thanks to the more computer literate and patient members who have generously offered their time and assistance. I appreciate it.
Glen
PS, check out my ad on EE (shameless plug):cool:
 
Back
Top Bottom