I attempted to keep this poll to the most common known field guns. contains smooth bore, rifled and breach loading cannon of the time.
True there where many that weighted more in shot size than I have listed. So I listed the most common shot size in weight, such as, 12,10, 6 and 24, leaving out the 18 and 32 pound shot.
The Napoleon was the most common used by both sides,12 pounder, than the 6 pounder that General Lee said should be melted down and made into 12 pounders, to the Whitworth breach loading rifled cannon, used by the Confederacy, the ANV had six of them.
AS I have smooth bore, rifled ,and breech loading cannon in this poll, you have 3 votes.
True there where many that weighted more in shot size than I have listed. So I listed the most common shot size in weight, such as, 12,10, 6 and 24, leaving out the 18 and 32 pound shot.
The Napoleon was the most common used by both sides,12 pounder, than the 6 pounder that General Lee said should be melted down and made into 12 pounders, to the Whitworth breach loading rifled cannon, used by the Confederacy, the ANV had six of them.
AS I have smooth bore, rifled ,and breech loading cannon in this poll, you have 3 votes.
Last edited:


















































