picked up a crate of Czech 7.62x39 and have never seen these before??

Bcviking

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Location
Squamish BC
This might be a noob question but what the heck are these? no copper jackets? steel mabie? this is the 10th crate i have bought never seen these all grey rounds before , does anyone know if they will be hard on my barrel??
001-7.jpg
 
It's just a different manufacturing process. I've seen 3 distinct versions of the Czech M43.

I shot a case of this grey stuff and it was the same as the rest.
 
They are all steel. The "copper" are plated steel.

Yup.

Amazing how many people think the copper ones have an actual 'jacket' instead of just a copper wash... I told that to a fellow at the range who didn't believe me once, and he finally just told me I was "full of sh*t."

Well, I popped the round I had in my chamber out and used my knife to scratch off the copper wash with two swipes - then gave it to him and said "keep it as a reminder that sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

(That quote's often attributed to Abraham Lincoln, btw).

-M
 
uhmmm BCVIKING why dont u try scratching them and see what the heck they are? where did u pick them up? ill trade 10 rounds with u "Copper"
 
Back
Top Bottom