Pietta 1873 44-40 bullet diameter

bat119

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Location
On the border
I load Starline brass with 30 grains of 777 under a 200 gr. 44 RNFP BB .430 bullet. for my 94 Winchester, this is a very accurate load in my rifle.
The rounds chamber in my 1873 Pietta with no problem they slip in freely, an unfired bullet will slip through the chamber.
Would shooting .430 diameter bullets through my Pietta's barrel that slugged out at .428 create a problem?
 
My wife has two Pietta 1873 SAA's and I can't even get a loaded round into the cylinder if they are anything over .427. So in answer to your question, have you tried a loaded round with that bullet in all the cylinder spots?? That may save you some grief and help.
 
I tried my rifle loads in the Pietta 73 shot ok except there was considerably more recoil than my factory smokeless rounds. I think I'll shoot the rest of these loads in my rifle and load some with Holy black.

One other observation was the triple seven powder indoors is not a good idea ! I shot 5 shots the smoke was pretty dense not like black .
 
Back
Top Bottom