Pinfire revolver price

Silvertip13

Regular
Rating - 100%
313   0   0
Location
Fort McMurray
Does anyone know if this revolver would be worth anything? It is a 6 shot revolver, pin fire, stamped 1897 with the name Mangeot Brevetes Comblain. I don't know the caliber as I don't have it yet, I need to come up with a fair price first. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
pinfire1.jpg

pinfire2.jpg
 
Im going to go out on a limb here and say that they seem to sell in the states and up here for 500-700 but I am just guessing.

Mabye someone more knowledgeable will chime in

McLean
 
Looks to be a nice big frame gun, with good big wood too. Some pin fires even made it into the civil war. I like it. I would go with the 5-700.oo range too. what does the thing on the right side beside the hammer do?
Nice old equipment.
 
I would go with the 5-700.oo range too. what does the thing on the right side beside the hammer do?

I paid $350 for one very similar to the one illustrated. I am guessing that the funny thing on the right side is associated with an extractor; I am guessing that the cylinder swings out and pushes forward

cheers mooncoon
 
Thats a fairly rare pinfire id guess $500 to $700 to the troble with pin fires is finding someone who is into makeing the ammo up to shoot them.
But even as a collectable its worth that much id think.
they can be harder to sell tho so you might get less.
 
I paid $350 for one very similar to the one illustrated. I am guessing that the funny thing on the right side is associated with an extractor; I am guessing that the cylinder swings out and pushes forward

cheers mooncoon

Looking at it again, maybe the loading gate flips down, then pivots a half circle to the front. then the ejector rod can be used front to back??
 
Back
Top Bottom