Pistol ID Help

jpc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
692   0   0

Attachments

  • Pistol Percussion 2018 011.jpg
    Pistol Percussion 2018 011.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 321
  • Pistol Percussion 2018 016.jpg
    Pistol Percussion 2018 016.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Thats a nice looking one. Just looking at the barrel proofs im thinking British or Belgian......With a strong leaning twards Belgian only because of the trigger guard as Ive seen the near identical on other arms.....Hard to say. It is nice and in fairly good shape, would make a fun afternoons shooting.
 
Not Belgian, nor British.

Pistols of the Austro-Hungarian empire were mostly devoid of ramrods, which were carried on a lanyard around the neck. However, I don't see any of their proofmarks either - a large double eagle for Vienna and so on. The arm is fairly crudely made, too, so I'm leaning toward Middle East.
 
Not Belgian, nor British.

Pistols of the Austro-Hungarian empire were mostly devoid of ramrods, which were carried on a lanyard around the neck. However, I don't see any of their proofmarks either - a large double eagle for Vienna and so on. The arm is fairly crudely made, too, so I'm leaning toward Middle East.

The Austrian connection with the stock design kinda works......its the lock, barrel and and the trigger guard especially that makes me think Belgian...
 
Back
Top Bottom