PIstol Kit

I suggest calling the CFO and describe your plans to see what can be done to register it, I know it can (or could ) be done because I have a "home-made" target flinter pistol which is registered.

 
I have built a couple of flinters and percussion pistols from parts, not actual kits. Once capable of being fired, or before, just contact Miramichi and give them the info they need - barrel length, caliber, ignition mode and name of the barrel manufacturer or kit manufacturer. In my case they record it as "Home made" but would otherwise use the name of the kit manufacturer such as Lyman. They will provide a Firearm Identification Number (FIN) which equates to a serial number. I stamp that onto the bottom barrel flat for ID purposes and insurance. You will need your "Restricted" PAL to register the gun but should not need an RPAL to buy the kit as it is just a box of parts and not yet a firearm as per Firearms Act or Criminal Code. I have never had to have one checked by a Verifier or pay any related fees.
 
Last edited:
ok,

I am thinking of buying a pirate pistol brass barrel kit from traditions.

this kit would be able to be fired once all parts are assembled so I think technically it is a firearms already as it has the vent hole drilled

however i know you could order one peice at a time and it wouldn't be considered a firearm so i wonder where miramichi draws the line between firearm or not.
 
ok,

I am thinking of buying a pirate pistol brass barrel kit from traditions.

this kit would be able to be fired once all parts are assembled so I think technically it is a firearms already as it has the vent hole drilled


however i know you could order one peice at a time and it wouldn't be considered a firearm so i wonder where miramichi draws the line between firearm or not.

Still not a firearm by definition because until assembled you couldn't fire it (the barrel alone) without a match or wick - like a cannon and not shoulder-mounted or hand-held either. I have always bought all my parts individually so can't speak to your kit question from first hand experience but the principles are the same as far as the Criminal Code definition of a firearm that is used by reference in the Firearms Act. It is a firearm once it can be fired by a percussion or flintlock mechanism.
Go for it!
 
1800 cfo number = its an antique if its a flint pistol even made after 1898 no registration needed

1800 cfo firearms expert = it needs to be registered before entering canada if the barrel is drilled

RCMP firearms technology center = if it is a replica of any actualy firearm produced in history it is prohibited and must not enter canada

god damn 3 stooges nobody knows what the hell they are talking about
 
1800 cfo number = its an antique if its a flint pistol even made after 1898 no registration needed

1800 cfo firearms expert = it needs to be registered before entering canada if the barrel is drilled

RCMP firearms technology center = if it is a replica of any actualy firearm produced in history it is prohibited and must not enter canada

god damn 3 stooges nobody knows what the hell they are talking about


What a crock
 
i have built a couple of flinters and percussion pistols from parts, not actual kits. Once capable of being fired, or before, just contact miramichi and give them the info they need - barrel length, caliber, ignition mode and name of the barrel manufacturer or kit manufacturer. In my case they record it as "home made" but would otherwise use the name of the kit manufacturer such as lyman. They will provide a firearm identification number (fin) which equates to a serial number. I stamp that onto the bottom barrel flat for id purposes and insurance. You will need your "restricted" pal to register the gun but should not need an rpal to buy the kit as it is just a box of parts and not yet a firearm as per firearms act or criminal code. I have never had to have one checked by a verifier or pay any related fees.

x2....
 
1800 cfo number = its an antique if its a flint pistol even made after 1898 no registration needed

1800 cfo firearms expert = it needs to be registered before entering canada if the barrel is drilled

RCMP firearms technology center = if it is a replica of any actualy firearm produced in history it is prohibited and must not enter canada

god damn 3 stooges nobody knows what the hell they are talking about


The first is dead wrong because of the barrel length it is "Restricted" and must be registered, regardless of the type of ignition. The flintlock exemption from the definition of a firearm applies only to long guns.

As for the second reply, your drilled barrel alone is no different than the cannon barrel I brought in as it by itself does not meet the definition of a firearm until it can be discharged via percussion or flintlock.

As for the third reply: you aren't importing a "Replica". Look up the definition in the Firearms Act.

...and we pay these people...!!!
 
thank you for your response old flinter

I have found a company that would ship the kit to canada, its a traditions kit.

#### it I'm just going to have them ship it, I have a permit to own one so the government can kiss my ass if they cant give me a straight answer
 
Back
Top Bottom