Pistol kits - Where to buy?

Carson Blocks

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Calgary, Alberta
A few years back, I recall seeing black powder pistol kits that came with bare wood and a parts kit and you'd do the wood finishing and final assembly yourself. I can't seem to find any in my local (Calgary, AB) retailers, or at a Canadian online shop. Any leads or insight? .50 cal is preferred as I already have a bunch of lead, pyrodex, etc.

Thanks
 
I don't know of anyone that imports these anymore. The kits have to be registered like any other modern handgun even if they are unfinished. Track of the wolf sells kits and will ship to Canada but you will need a broker to import it for you. By the time you are done it will probably be more expensive than it is worth. Long arm kits are unrestricted and much easier to purchase from them. If you purchase a kit be sure that the barrel length won't make it prohibited.

If you keep your eyes open you may get lucky and find an old kit that was never finished. I was fortunate enough to find one. This is how I know that the kit must be registered.
 
I would be interested in these to depending on price I was also wondering about the rifle kits to
now I got the black powder bug its all I want to do
 
I can't speak specifically to kits as such but on more than one occasion I have ordered all the parts to build a flint or percussion pistol from Track of the Wolf and another USA supplier and they came all the way via U S Priority Parcel Post and Canada Post with no issues (never used a broker - not necessary). A pistol kit is not a firearm until it is capable of being fired so build it then phone the CFO and get a Firearm Identification number (FIN) for it. You must have a RPAL to register it because as pistols, both ignition systems fall into the Restricted class.
 
Back in the 80's we used to attend the re-enactment weekends just across the border in Genesee County NY. They had outdoor vendors set up and kits were a plenty and fairly cheap......before all the BS laws came into affect. Could throw them in your trunk and drive back across the border......ahhh...the good ol days. I think you can still bring back flinter rifle kits from the US without too much hassle today ?
 
Back
Top Bottom