Places that sell parts for antiques?

762mm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hey there guys,

I was just wondering if there are any Canadian-friendly places in the States (online stores) that sell antique rifle & pistol parts? I am currently looking for a few small items for my newly acquired Remy 1867 Rolling Block and have posted a WTB in the "parts & bits" EE section, although I don't have much hope for any positive replies... as people in that section tend to only sell synthetic stocks & other gizmos for Remington 700's most of the time, lol :

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589486

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I know that Trade-Ex has quite a few of them rolling blocks for sale, so that's the first place I went to check... but couldn't see any 1867 RB parts for sale, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.
 
antique parts

i would try dixie gun works- they amaze me with the original stuff they have in inventory. some of it made back in erly 1800's. they also advise when it's newly made for original. get their catalogue to see it all. regards, bill
 
Thanks guys for your help! I'll get right on it this week-end... I like owning "the real deal" and my newly acquired rifle is *almost* complete. The most important thing is that the stock hasn't been butchered into a "sporter" and all the military furniture seems to still be there.

(and a big thanks goes out to Dillinger022 for supplying me with this fine piece of history... it's my first Remy RB and I really like the overall feel of it! They certainly don't make guns today like they used to back then...)

;)
 
Back
Top Bottom