Playing with Nipples....

tactical870

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
Alright.... It's not quite as much fun as it first sounds. :D I've got an old percussion 16 guage sxs shotgun from an unknown maker. I finally managed to remove the seized nipples only to find that they are a bastard thread. They are just slightly larger than 1/4" with a thread between 20 and 28 tpi. Any ideas on what I need or where to find them? Thanks
 
As I mentioned in your gunsmithing post; the threads are probably 26 tpi and you will probably have to make the nipples on a lathe. You may find a source of oversize taps and associated nipples at Dixie but I would be surprised if they were 26 tpi. At a guess I have removed and replaced nipples on 15 or 20 european shotguns and I think virtually all of them were 26 tpi

cheers mooncoon

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom