While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi. There's not a lot of demand for .38 Special HP's.
SFRC is listing Federal +P 158 grain, lead, SWCHP's at $15.95 per 50. Shipping won't be cheap.
Your rifle a .38 Special only? You reloading yet?
Hi. There's not a lot of demand for .38 Special HP's.
SFRC is listing Federal +P 158 grain, lead, SWCHP's at $15.95 per 50. Shipping won't be cheap.
Your rifle a .38 Special only? You reloading yet?
It's a .38/.357. I just though .38's would be less expensive. I aint into reloading yet, but have definetly looked into it. Thanks for the suggestion on where to find some
I run what ever comes along for 38 spec's, than just re-sighted for 357 when my Marlin was used for deer hunting. Pistol ammo is so cheap compared to rifle ammo, so to me having to re-zero is minor.
Clint
If you reload, you can get Hornady 158 LSWC HPs in 300 bullet boxes from a reasonably well stocked pusher. I purchased and loaded up 2 boxes last year.
I have had feeding issues with lead semi wadcutters in lever guns...they seem to like either round nose or jacketed bullets....try some semis before you buy a whole whack of them...
"...just thought .38's would be less expensive..." Not necessarily with a jacketed bullet. .357's usually come with those. .38's usually come with a lead bullet for target shooting. You might find .38 Special +P's, but there just isn't the demand for 'em in Canada. Prices will be scary though. Remington loads a 125 grain +P .38. No idea who might carry 'em.
I've only seen 38 JHP +P stuff (Remington Goldern Sabres) once or twice and I bought the entire case from one of our CGN dealers when I got the opportunity.