Please remove

A uberti one might fit. Allot of uberti parts fit the 1858 44. vti gun parts in the us shipps to canada. the ship cylinders so they might ship a barrel. Be tough finding an original barrel.
 
Did a barrel swap on a original 1851 colt bought a new Pietta 1851(240 tax in ) as buying the parts to do the project is going to cost more than buying a new one and stripping it .You will need to make or source a new cylinder pin as you will need to recut where the barrel wedge slot .To dispose of the restricted frame you can sell it or cut it up for a paper weight and deregister
 
Here's the link I started for a similar question I had a while ago. When I did find a barrel from a gentleman here, it still ended up being recut as the frame thread pitch was a little off to that of the barrel. Anyhow, hope this helps: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/for...8-Remington-frame?highlight=danceswithempties




Just realized I never posted a pic of the finished gun. So here it is! May the o.p.'s turn out better... But I doubt it! :p

58Remington.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 58Remington.jpg
    58Remington.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I think we had a thread a few years ago about a 1875 or 1890 Remington being rejuv'ed.
 
Back
Top Bottom