Please Remove

XperienceDUDE

CGN Regular
Rating - 97.1%
66   2   0
Location
Eastern Canada
I am looking to acquire an antique 1873 revolver in 11mm french. I can source a mould but i have no dies or brass even after my searches. I know some where converted to 455 webley and was wondering if anyone know what needs to be modified to accept 455.

Should i stay with 11 mm and just reload that odd caliber ? Anyone know where to get dies and brass ?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
The brass is cut down 44-40 with the rims thinned and the dies are a combination of things.
Haven't loaded for mine in a while but I believe I size with a 44 Russian or 44mag. Belling with the 44 Russian or gently with a 45acp. Seating with the 45acp or 455 die and then crimping with a special tool.

Conversion to 455 looks like it's just a quick touch with a chamber reamer. You could probably still even shoot 11mm ammo it's so similar.
 
Back
Top Bottom