Please use the right names!!!!

ben hunchak

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
For some reason I cannot reply to EE items, and I don't usually need to, but i feel compelled to in this case. Someone is selling a Pedersoli replica 50/90 which is supposed to be a "GEMMER" copy, not as advertised "Gemmel". Please give the pioneer gunsmiths of the old west their due, Gemmer conversions were popular in their day, just try and price an original conversion. Other famous gunsmiths of that era did some equally effective conversions, such as Carlos Gove. I won't get into using Pedersoli and Gemmer in the same sentence, but please spell and pronounce the frontier gunsmith's name properly!!!
 
Ben, I have to agree with you. Many times I see misinformation on that and other EE forums. If it is just an honest mistake by someone who isn't conversant with the firearm I usuall PM them and make a well intentioned attempt to correct it. BUT......I also see some misinformation which I have strong suspicions is being done for a purpose!!! There is no way that moderators here could allow anyone to reply to EE posts as the whole thing would be a mess. So, be kind and thoughtful (as you always are) and send a correction. Some will take it personally but others will be pleased. All we can do is try to help. You have such a wealth of knowledge that it is a shame not to share it. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom