pls remove

1898guns

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi. Does anyone recognize this pistol? It is for sale, advertised as an "authentic 1700s pistol" but it is clear that is modern...... I have not had it in my hands but I was curious if anyone could point out more about it or the model it is cloned from.. A wall hanger...? Shootleable ? I understand that may not be an easy answer just from the pics. It has inscriptions on the barrel, I will post them a little later. Thanks for looking.

pistolunderbelly.jpg

pistolleftsidefinal.jpg

pistolrightsidefinal.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks like your typical pot-metal replica (otherwise it would be restricted). Captive ramrod indicates it's supposed to look like a cavalry model AFAIK.
 
The frizzen is flat and unlikely to spark. Also, is there a flash hole/vent? Looks to me like a cheapo replica - not even a bona fide wall hanger
 
Another thing that grabs my eye is what appears to be a mold line seam along the side of the forend hardware in the bottom picture.

My bet is still on it being strictly decorative, and probably no older than the 1970's.

Markings? You mentioned markings?

It ain't over till it's over, eh? :)

Cheers
Trev
 
Well, OK - the lady with the pistol sent me a pic of the markings - athough not a very good picture..... She really wants me to come by and have a look at it - such a nice lady I hate to say no V:I: For what its worth, here it is:

pistolinscription.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom