PMC 110gr .38spl +P -- rifles only??

Cerdan

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Location
Eastern Ontario
Hey guys, I just bought a case of this South Korean ammo, and to my surprise, there are stickers on the box that say "For use in rifles only".

I know that shooting light bullet .357Mag cartridges in a revolver will wear out the forcing cone faster than heavier, slower bullets, but I wasn't aware .38spl, even +P, could generate enough velocity or pressure to pose a problem.

Anyone have direct knowledge or experience on the issue of firing light bullet .38spl +P loads in a revolver?
 
Last edited:
Odds are they are old stock. There was a time when NRCAN played fast and loose with the interpretations, and classed hollowpoint handgun ammo as "explosive", so imports were for rifle only. That was in regards to imports only, and had no legal bearing on the use inside the country. Since then, wiser heads have prevaled.
 
Thanks a lot for the insight Julian, that makes a whole lotta sense (can I call you Julian?). Reminds me of some older gun store employees who still ask what type of gun you intend to use when you try to buy .44Mag hollow-point ammo.

Here I was with my silly rational mind trying to find a physical reason why these cartridges shouldn't be fired in a revolver, heh.

IDPA, that's good to know! I'm only familiar with PMC brass, which is consistently tougher and more durable than most other brass I know, but I've never fired any of their factory ammo.
 
Back
Top Bottom