PMC factory ammo in .223 - Annealing?

copeland

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Picked up some 55gr PMC in .223 while inspecting it I noticed that all the brass has been annealed? why would they do that to factory ammo?

I've seen other pictures of PMC 55 grain in .223 where the cases aren't annealed. Did I buy older stock or newer stock? Just curious as to why, I haven't seen other factory ammo do the same...
 
All factory ammo is annealed. In fact, several times. brass work hardens very easily. Most US factories polish it out. Just their custom. The marks are left on mil ammo so the inspectors can see it has been done properly.
 
I opened a few boxes from the same case today and noticed the same thing, interestingly every other box I shot from the 6-7 cases I have opened was polished. I bought all of the cases at the same time, I'll inspect the cases to see if there is a production date on them tomorrow.

OT: What was the name of that range you mentioned in WA?
 
Back
Top Bottom