Polish Surplus 7.62x39mm

I did buy it at Goble's. They are selling it in crates for $300 and in 20 round boxes for $5 each. I picked up 120 rounds, I should be able to try them out in the next two weeks. It does not come on stipper clips though, I have lots of those atleast.
 
I did buy it at Goble's. They are selling it in crates for $300 and in 20 round boxes for $5 each. I picked up 120 rounds, I should be able to try them out in the next two weeks. It does not come on stipper clips though, I have lots of those atleast.

Seems reasonable considering they probably had to transport it from Marstar $279/1400 so the mark up isn't horrendous. I'm sure they got a quantity discount when buying it in. I'm still curious if it's in the spam cans (as shown on Marstars website) or has been repackaged the way the Russian ammo Le Baron had was. f:P:
I did hear in another thread that they had brought in a bunch of the Russian stuff that Le Baron had for $192/1320 and were selling for $300 which is a ridiculous mark up. Are you sure this is the Polish stuff same as Marstar or is it perhaps still the remnants of the Russian stuff Le Baron had?
 
Polish 7.62x39 is appearing everywhere. I bought a few boxes for al Simmons gun shop down here in Hamilton. Don’t own a chronograph but it seems to shoot better than the chez ammo. Different smell though lol. I bought a crate of 1400 for 300 at al Simmons right after trying it. It comes in the spam cans just like some other surplus ammo. No stripper clips.
 
Can whoever has some shoot if off a bench (preferably with a scope sight) and tell us what kind of groups they get?


I don’t have a scope, but I was shooting at 100 yards and getting about a 4 inch grouping with iron sights. Not sure if that’s good for the sks as I have never sighted it in just shot the thing. Don’t really care about accuracy with any of my surplus guns. I only own them because they are fun to shoot, ammo is cheap, and it tells a good story
 
I don’t have a scope, but I was shooting at 100 yards and getting about a 4 inch grouping with iron sights. Not sure if that’s good for the sks as I have never sighted it in just shot the thing. Don’t really care about accuracy with any of my surplus guns. I only own them because they are fun to shoot, ammo is cheap, and it tells a good story

4 inch groups aren't bad at all with an sks. I wish my sks would shoot that:(
 
Back
Top Bottom