Posession of antique firearms and ammunition.

While waiting for my PAL to come in (just a drivers license) , I was able to buy, powder, primers, and shot for shotgun shell reloading. However it was my understanding I was not allowed to posess the finished ammo, and my buddy would take it home with him.

I think the key word is acquire --- I don't believe you require a PAL to possess the ammunition. It would not surprise me if the law is changed in the future

cheers mooncoon
 
Did this case involve the said person possessing a LOADED antique, or one WITH AMMUNITION, contrary to a prohibition order? If so it makes sense to me, as that is essentially possessing a non firearm, but with AMMUNITION, which is mentioned on a prohibition order.

He was charged for possessing a gun/firearm contrary to his prohibition. Ammunition and loaded did not enter into the charges. The point that I am trying to get across is that while you can acquire antique guns without a license, you are still breaking the law by possessing them unless there is a specific exception permitting you to possess them.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom