Potzdam 1809 - Any Gunsmiths? PICTURES ADDED

Nabs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
272   1   1
Location
Somewhere...
Hello CGN

I have owned this musket for some time and I have recently being seriously considering wanting to shoot it. However I would like to have it looked over for safety buy a gunsmith. Anyone close to the Toronto area would be excellent but if need be I can mail it out. Does anybody have any suggestions of who I could bring it to? It has been converted to percussion, dated 1834.

Also what would be some proper charges for powder for this musket? (Blank load, normal plinking load, military load) A standard 69 caliber ball would work well I believe as the bore is .71

The nipple and flash hole need to be cleaned out otherwise it seems to be in reasonably good condition for its age. Still I would like to have it checked out and wondering what the cost would be.

EDIT: PICTURES BELOW!

3zBv4dw.jpg

RfgJpxM.jpg

WBN1r80.jpg

XijP4Ez.jpg


Thank you everyone
Nabs
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom