Powder advice needed, Pyrodex or Triple 7?

The BH 209 is great. From what I have been told and seen first hand - don't use water to clean it. I've heard of guys going literally hundreds of rounds without cleaning. My local shop tells me that a dry swab every session and then one good cleaning at the end of the year is good. I used 777 before and never had an ignition problem either.
 
The BH 209 is great. From what I have been told and seen first hand - don't use water to clean it. I've heard of guys going literally hundreds of rounds without cleaning.

Indeed, stay away from the water for cleaning BH 209. I run a patch soaked with Hoppe's Bore Gel every 10 shots or so, then a dry patch. No need to remove the plug. Just check the flashhole from time to time to ensure that it is not obstructed by soot.
 
Back
Top Bottom