HOWDY
Not meaning to be a pest but I am in the process of acquiring a couple of M/L rifles. In another post I have been told that bore size is not that important as far as accuracy is concerned.
I have a pretty broad background with smokeless and Powder Column is a fairly specific topic.
However Iam at your mercy when it comes to the physics relating to B/P.
I really like shooting Cast Bullets and compete in various matches with the CBA.
The bottom line is "Long narrow cartridges" work better than short fat ones.
Can (will) this combination apply to B/P?
I also notice that it does not seem to matter about the bore size, they all use the same twist. If it's C/B the popular twist is 1/66 from .36 -.58. More or less.
If this is the wrong forum to ask these questions pleas direct me to the one that has the answer.
THANKS
Not meaning to be a pest but I am in the process of acquiring a couple of M/L rifles. In another post I have been told that bore size is not that important as far as accuracy is concerned.
I have a pretty broad background with smokeless and Powder Column is a fairly specific topic.
However Iam at your mercy when it comes to the physics relating to B/P.
I really like shooting Cast Bullets and compete in various matches with the CBA.
The bottom line is "Long narrow cartridges" work better than short fat ones.
Can (will) this combination apply to B/P?
I also notice that it does not seem to matter about the bore size, they all use the same twist. If it's C/B the popular twist is 1/66 from .36 -.58. More or less.
If this is the wrong forum to ask these questions pleas direct me to the one that has the answer.
THANKS


















































