Powder measure

Believe its 120 of Pyrodex. Why don't u shoot subsatute ? Swabbin between shoots ... Is that just running a patch down after a shot

most of us don't substitutes are actually a lot harder to clean in some cases pyrodex fowling likes to cake up 777 is considered a smokeless American pioneer/jim shocky's gold produces ammonia if you are shooting it in a cartridge will affect brass big time and buckhorn 209 is a smokeless. also these will not work in flintlocks or wheellocks matchlocks mite set some off but it would most likely be delayed
 
You can find many powder measures.

IMG_8030.jpg


Home made

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg


Strictly for black powder
IMG_8033.jpg


Just plain cool
IMG_8032.jpg


Informative
IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg


Or just plain useable.
IMG_8039.jpg
 
^what he said+ substitutes are sh1t! :)

they are probably the most idiotic things made and they are made to get around explosives storage regulations plain and simple. only time I've even used pyrodex is in a mini cannon and only about 1/4 can was used the rest was used as a giant firecracker I can safely say that's about the best use for it
 
they are probably the most idiotic things made and they are made to get around explosives storage regulations plain and simple. only time I've even used pyrodex is in a mini cannon and only about 1/4 can was used the rest was used as a giant firecracker I can safely say that's about the best use for it

Laugh2. I've been hamstrung with about 7/8th's of a pound of the crap...every now and again a guy comes to the range with his cannon, as luck would have it every time I bring it to the range with me, he isn't there, every time I don't bring it, he hits me up for some extra black!? I'll have to leave it at the counter with his name on it to get rid of it I fear;).
 
its highly possible im ignorant but I haven't had too big of an issue w pyrodex. its dirty and it smells funky after shooting but isn't that the point with black powder? I have a ss barrel so that helps with erosion . what benefits are there to reg black over this pyro? if you want to send me all your pyro ill gladly waste it for you
 
its highly possible im ignorant but I haven't had too big of an issue w pyrodex. its dirty and it smells funky after shooting but isn't that the point with black powder? I have a ss barrel so that helps with erosion . what benefits are there to reg black over this pyro? if you want to send me all your pyro ill gladly waste it for you

real black powder has a lower ignition temp(only powder that will work in a flintlock,wheellock,matchlock) and it cleans up with water.
 
Back
Top Bottom