I am shooting revolvers in .36 and .44 cal and have a Colt pattern powder flask with 2 spouts one 15 grain and one 25 grain (real BP). I am currently using a BP substitute (Jim Shockey's Yukon Gold) mainly because it was available at the time. The 15 grain spout gives me .71 grams which is 10.95 grains (1 gram = 15.4323 grains). The flask weighs 148.8 grams when empty and I added 77.9 grams to take to the range. I shot 84 rounds of .36 cal so 84 X .71 = 59.64 grams is the amount that I should have used, the actual amount that was used weighed out at 59.1 grams. The amount of error over 84 rounds is .54 grams or 8.33 grains so 8.33/84 = .099 grains which is slightly better than 1% overall.
I know that I should be using real BP and I will as soon as I can find some,for now I am going to use up the BP substitute.
I know that I should be using real BP and I will as soon as I can find some,for now I am going to use up the BP substitute.


















































