PR bullets

Very good product line...many types of projectiles, from conicals to ballistic-tip.

All :canadaFlag: And their website has some very good info:D

I have been shooting Dead Centers (200gr) for 5 years.

Most of my shots are <50 yards...but I have friends that have killed deer at 230-250 yards-pass through shots.

Prices are very reasonable...if you order in quantity. :)
 
beefman thanks for the info.any suggestions on which bullet for a 50cal.i am thinking the 300gr 45/50 dead center.is the 200gr your using the 40/45.
 
.40 200gr in a .50 cal sabot.

They even go as light as 175gr (.357 cal) in a duplex (double) sabot for .50

There is a wide range of bullet weights...so you can fine tune loads to your specific gun. :)
 
Me and a few buddies have been using them for several years now. I usually use the QT's in 235, or 250 grain. They are .40 cal in a .50 sabot. But I can use any weights from 180 to 250 and my guns will put them all in the same group at 100 yards. I won't be using any other brand of muzzleloader bullets anytime soon. I have also used the Dead Centers with similar results.
 
Thanks again guys.I ordered a couple dozen today the 200gr 40/50 and the 300gr 45/50 hoping one or both will be good in my tc triumph.I have ff t7 and fff t7 any suggestions on how much powder I should be seating these bullets on.
 
My hunting load is 110 gr of FFF T7. I used to run 130 gr but find my Triumph is most accurate around 110 or less. My buddies were all too scared to try my guns when I loaded 130 gr, the recoil was fairly brisk!!! I don't find 110 to be all that bad recoil wise, and terminal performance is excellent. The last buck I shot was at 125 yards, with 250 gr Dead Centers. It broke both shoulders and passed through, dropped him in his tracks.
 
I've also been using PR's Variflame adapter with small rifle primers. It cut my group size in half, while also reducing the fouling. Well worth it, even if it is a nuisance to remember to keep the adapter when reloading.
 
Back
Top Bottom