I do a lot of Bowhunting in Bear/Cougar country, and often am calling Elk, with cow and calf calls. The Idea of some easy to cary protection for the unwanted encounter is appealing, however , is it realy practical ?
What is a suitable cal in an Antique handgun to actualy stop a Bruin/ Cougar at point blank.
If it is just going to make smoke and noise and make the incounter worse it is not going to actualy serve it's intendeed use. I am not talking about scaring it, I am talking about scaring it to death. This would be after trying the scare thing and that not working.
The cal would have to be suficent, and cartirdges would need to be reasonably obtainable or by simple conversion of obtainable brass.
Pete
What is a suitable cal in an Antique handgun to actualy stop a Bruin/ Cougar at point blank.
If it is just going to make smoke and noise and make the incounter worse it is not going to actualy serve it's intendeed use. I am not talking about scaring it, I am talking about scaring it to death. This would be after trying the scare thing and that not working.
The cal would have to be suficent, and cartirdges would need to be reasonably obtainable or by simple conversion of obtainable brass.
Pete





























...I'd tend to recommend the latter ?.....






















