Praying to the webley gods.....

Maybe they are for a WG or a MK I?

The grips I got from Collector Firearms were not identical to the ones in their photo, and they did not take the listing down when I bought them, so I'm guessing they have a bunch in stock.

There is nothing special about them, probably made in the 70's, plastic injection mold.

They are not shrunk, all the points line up except for the gap at the top. The bottom contour lines up with the frame, the little guiding pin hole is in the right place, the hole for the retaining screw is in the right position.


Gap at the top.

Imgp3612.jpg



Original grips.

Imgp3613.jpg


Franzite grip on top of original. All lined up except for the right side (top).

Imgp3615.jpg


Imgp3617.jpg

well thats just weird as what else could they be for?
There not for a WG there diffrent.
Maby its just a bad batch of grips.
Send them back for a refund there add Says MKII to MKV and they not fitting.
 
Dyes are in little itty-bitty clear plastic pouches in the bottom of the box. Careful! A little bit colours a LOT of compound!

Good luck!
 
Dyes are in little itty-bitty clear plastic pouches in the bottom of the box. Careful! A little bit colours a LOT of compound!

Good luck!

yup, one dot of dye on the tip of a toothpick is probably enough. Mix the crap out of it after you add the dye to prevent weak spots.
 
I'd fill that gap with a piece of brass rod, copper tube or a roll of 10K gold encrusted with bedazzle rhinestones. Or just a piece of rod blued to match.

BTW must be a bad mould out there somewhere cause I had a gun show up with one repro black grip showing the same gap.
 
Maybe they are for a WG or a MK I?

The grips I got from Collector Firearms were not identical to the ones in their photo, and they did not take the listing down when I bought them, so I'm guessing they have a bunch in stock.

There is nothing special about them, probably made in the 70's, plastic injection mold.

They are not shrunk, all the points line up except for the gap at the top. The bottom contour lines up with the frame, the little guiding pin hole is in the right place, the hole for the retaining screw is in the right position.


Gap at the top.

Gungrips.com shows a set of birdshead grips for a .38 webley that look very similar to but are not interchangeable with regular MKII grips. Maybe that's what you got.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom