Pre-1898 .22 long-guns

oh, and they don't say "repeater" as I did. The exclude "repeating firearms fed by any type of cartridge magazine". Please note this is rifles only.
 
8.3mm or greater for single shot centerfire; smaller single shot centerfires don't have antique status.
Pre-'98 .22WRFs should be antique, single shot or repeater would be irrelevant.
 
A few lots of .22WRF ammunition has been manufactured in recent times.

Now here is a question to which I do not know the answer. If a person had a sound pre-'98 .22 pistol, would it gain antique status if rechambered to .22WRF?
 
Cool answers all-round....:yingyang:...but.....:redface:

It's okay to mentioned pre-1898 .22 s/l/lr rifles in this thread !....:)

I'm just trying to see what makes/models of .22 rifles would be antiques in the U.S. but not in Canada....;)
 
Winchesters, Stevens, Marlins, Colts, others. Single shots, lever actions, pumps. .22 rimfire rifles have been made for a long time, and under US law, if they are pre-'99, they are antique. .22 Short and Long predated Long Rifle, which appeared in the 1880s, I believe.
 
.22 WRF, new manufacture by Winchester, shows up here quite regularly at a couple of our gun shops. I've laid in nearly 1000 rounds in anticipation of picking one of these gems up some day. $10 a box. CCI makes it too... I fired off a few in my .22 magnum (they're .22 magnum shorts, after all) and it's snappy.
 
Back
Top Bottom