Price and Availiability of Mk.VII Ammo

Drachenblut

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
Location
Smithers, B.C.
Hello all,

I have been interested in obtaining some British Mark Seven (Mk.VII) ammo, I live in South-Western Ontario and would like to know how many rounds I can get, from where, and for how much approximately? If anyone knows or has some willing to part with, let me know.

Thank you
Drachenblut
 
I pick some up pretty well every gun show i go too, mostly 40's stamped
last show I was at i picked up 2 tobacco cans (175 rounds) of old .303 for 55$

it was a mix of steel, copper and brass washed ball, cordite and powder
 
last gunshow on south shore of montreal some guy had a case of loose 194x DI-Z for .60 a round.reloadable stuff it was too...
 
"...heard it's Province specific..." Milsurp .303 ball is virtually gone altogether. A box or so, occasionally, at gun shows, but in case lots, it's gone.
"...WHAT gunshow do you go to?..." Note where Kernalvax lives.
"...a mix of..." That may or may not go bang.
 
Nova Scotia and New Brunswick shows yeah

out of the lot of 175 I only had one not go bang, had some problems with the large copper primer stuff at first but that was due to a weak spring in my p14, once I switched that out it was bang bang bang

some of the brass washed #7 cordite stuff was hot though, shot 4 inches higher at 150 yards than the rest
 
Hmmm. Well, it's a shame. All I'm really looking for is the Mk.VII bullets with the "Hauge Convention Bypass" plastic insert in the bullet. The rest I don't care for, however what are the chances of someone having a bunch of these and willing to sell? Not likely.
 
Picked up some RL 1945 MkVII at Pickering gun show week ago Sunday at 13.95 per box of 20. Don't usually see this dealer at other shows though.
 
Mk. VII ball has a two-part core, but most of it was made with the aluminum front portion. I believe that the Tenite or wood pulp substitutes were much less common.
 
Mk VII ball was made up to the replacement of the .303 cartridge with 7.62 NATO. This includes the Mk VIIz, which used nitrocellulose powder instead of cordite. I personally have shot several hundred rounds of 1950 dated Mk VII ball.

The Mk VIII and Mk VIIIz used a boat tail bullet of the same weight and was used primarily for machine guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom