Price of ammo come summer of 2012?

Price of ammo come the summer of 2012?


  • Total voters
    106
  • Poll closed .
I'm naively optimistic about Global conflict, hoping it will mean less demand on ammo and bring the price down slightly or stay about the same.
 
I'll buy ammo if its a good price. Otherwise, I have enough to keep me going for a while. I've also stocked up on powder, primers, and bullets.
 
many manufactures recognize that less and less extra dollars floating around these days, buyers have choices with younger generation not into hunting and shooting as much , demand equals higher prices, reloaders also have choices so my opinion is that we will stay the same, packaging in bulk sizes will increase.
 
I feel if their are more shooter getting into the sport. Prices should remain the same, if not lower. But then their are so many things that influence the market place, cost of raw materials, war, supply, retail greed maybe, etc. Heck Dec,21,2012 just might play a role into this, one never knows. Over all i'm hopeing for lower prices, might be wishfull thinking in my views.
 
My two cents...
Prices will be similar, some may dip slightly but overall will increase. Supply and demand is important as is the regulation of importation here in Canada. Will deals be available? Yes for those who look for them, like it is in purchasing any other item that's why they're called "deals".
And even if more shooters get into the sport, if they decide to reload what does that do to the "demand" part of the equation?
 
Last year, I was able to pick up a crate of 1120 x39 with an SKS for $150 with the reg price being $180. This year, the same crate sells for $230. That's a pretty big increase. 223 by the 1000 has come down a little, but so has the reloadability on the AE/Federal stuff. I should have bought everything Henry had when he had the real mil-spec 5.56...
 
The trend in commerce is that it will all eventually go up. Other key factors as mentioned above such as supply and demand, and the value of raw materials also make a difference.

Some ammo such as surplus x39 has gone up 60 or 70 percent in some places over the last one or two years. My opinion is that these places will slowly sell their ammo as someone will always pay the asking price, but it will sell slow, and at the end of the day, they didn't make much profit on it because their inventory dollars were tied up so long and their shelves were full of low profit items. I guess the newer shooters might pay these prices, but the remainder of us have over-gorged our own personal inventories with the low prices from 2 years ago. I need to do a hell of a lot of shooting to ever have the need to purchase this stuff again. Everyone I know is in the same boat. If the price once again becomes exceptionally wonderful, I suppose my nephews might like to shoot some when they become of age.

When dealing with surplus ammo, its exactly that. Surplus, there may or may not be anymore available. When you're talking commercial ammunition, its gone up, but not near as much as food, vehicles, homes/real estate, or gasoline, ect. If people are genuinely worried about the price, then take up reloading. The cost is a third the price for better quality ammunition.
 
The trend in commerce is that it will all eventually go up. Other key factors as mentioned above such as supply and demand, and the value of raw materials also make a difference.

Some ammo such as surplus x39 has gone up 60 or 70 percent in some places over the last one or two years. .

By definition, surplus ammo was manufactured before the price of raw materials went up. So the sole reason it has increased in price is because people will still buy it at the new price.;)
 
Back
Top Bottom