prideaux speedloader pics.what's it worth ?

cristo

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
Location
Ontario
Someone asked me to post some pictures of the Prideaux speedloader i have .This speedloader is for the webley and other revolvers that use the .455 cartriges. Dated 1919 and as the broad arrow stap .It is a very rare item to find .Made in four pieces.The two piece body is regular stamped sheet metal joined together with brass rivets and the two pieces that make up the fingers are made of spring steel joined together with a bolt and nut at the center .Have a look . what do you think it's worth?not mine anymore
SDC10759.jpg

SDC10758.jpg

SDC10757.jpg

SDC10755.jpg

SDC10754.jpg

SDC10753.jpg

SDC10721.jpg
 
Last edited:
very simple , very cool . some one should reproduce them !!!

Very cool and I can see some interest from a collecter perspective but I can't seem to imagine a repro being cheaper or simpler than a new bored out plastic bullet dropper. I managed to find a Roots dollarama purchased speedloader case also (that also doubles as a mp3 holder :)) for total princely sum of $10(case and loader).

speed2.jpg
 
I agree very cool, and despite my cheapness I would be first in line for for a repro pirdeaux device. Unfortunately this discussion of remanufacure is not new and has been discussed on british gun pub and militaria forums before over the years.

A reasonably skilled person, would likely be able to reproduce this device as a one off. As far as an inexpensive marketable item I suspect if you really broke down the limited potential market it might be hard to justify even modest development/ manufacturing costs of this relatively simple device.
 
Hmmm - never seen good multiple pics of them.... interesting.

5 pieces, 3 made of sheet metal, 2 milled (bolt and nut)

Wouldn't be "too" difficult to make by hand, but not great... you'd need to make a bunch to get the design just right, and they'd all need hand fitting and finishing to make sure each was functional and cleanly put together....


What're original prideaux speedloaders worth?
 
Back
Top Bottom