Private flintlock purchase in USA

marcus_bc

Regular
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm sure its been asked before and I have tried searching but there doesn't seem to be anything quite concrete regarding a private sale in the States for a repro flintlock being shipped to Canada.
Is it a PITA for the American to ship this flintlock to me here in Vancouver?
Is it a PITA for me?
Appreciate any info.
Thanks
 
No, it's just like a pre-1898 antique. I just had one come up, was in customs for a couple days.
 
OK, great.
So he just mails it with declaration and then I just wait for Canada Post to deliver and collect applicable fees? Wow
Any suggestions as to how to protect myself through this transaction with seller?
 
how to protect myself through this transaction with seller?

use your spidey senses. With a modicum of prudence the chance of getting burned is on par with death from meteor. Just ask the right questions, talk to him on the telephone and bail if anything seems not right.
 
use your spidey senses. With a modicum of prudence the chance of getting burned is on par with death from meteor. Just ask the right questions, talk to him on the telephone and bail if anything seems not right.

Yes, "Spidey Senses". Works for me.
Thanks David for the reminder.
Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom