I just recieved a phone call this morning from UPS saying that a antique revolver that was coming from California, had made it to Windsor, but was now being sent back to the sender. The clerk told me that UPS Canada had refused to accept the package because they do not ship firearms, antique or otherwise, cross border. Is this true or is it just a clerk interrupting company policy? The store that I bought the revolver from ships to Canada so I figured they would know how to get it to me. I have recieved a couple of antique revolvers from the US with absolutely no problems but they were all shipped by USPS. Confused.
Update:
The revolver I purchased is a Colt Thunderer 1877 serial number 613XX in 41 Colt. Now the retailer says that the revolver was manufactured in 1887 and my checks also says that 1887 is the date. I just recieved a phone call from a agent from Customs Canada who asked me if I had a import permit for 'these types of prohibited firearms'. I said that the revolver was a antique firearm manufactured before Jan. 1 1898 and the caliber 41 Colt was permitted by the antique firearm regulations, and that the serial number was proof that the revolver was produced in 1887. The agent just said that package had been opened the revolver examined and it was determined that it was a 'prohibited' firearm and that if I didn't have a importation permit the firearm would have to be returned to the seller.
Update:
The revolver I purchased is a Colt Thunderer 1877 serial number 613XX in 41 Colt. Now the retailer says that the revolver was manufactured in 1887 and my checks also says that 1887 is the date. I just recieved a phone call from a agent from Customs Canada who asked me if I had a import permit for 'these types of prohibited firearms'. I said that the revolver was a antique firearm manufactured before Jan. 1 1898 and the caliber 41 Colt was permitted by the antique firearm regulations, and that the serial number was proof that the revolver was produced in 1887. The agent just said that package had been opened the revolver examined and it was determined that it was a 'prohibited' firearm and that if I didn't have a importation permit the firearm would have to be returned to the seller.
Last edited:


















































