problems getting an antique letter

there has to be some paper work on the rcmp or who ever gives out the letter side of things for antiques this would be just the same as registering

if the gun has a s/n get something in writing about what year it was made and then carry the antique reg's with you(for the cops who dont want to read the law give them that little flow chart :p )
 
Well, seeing as one does not require a (R)PAL to own an antique, and no records of transaction are needed, one could just get a friend to obtain the letter...

Getting the letter does not even mean you bought the Antique, you do not need proof that you own the gun to get a letter.I can apply for Canadian Antique status for every gun on gunbroker and recieve the letter for it.These letters are just statements by the government that a particular gun is Antique and is not a firearm in their eyes, not that your own or are in posession of them!
I have letters for two Antiques I bought in the U.S. however 1 is still in the U.S. and the other is at the post office waiting for me. I may sell one of them before I even recieve it. The Government has no idea what you do with the letter or gun!
Oh yea, Please don,t put in for a letter for every gun you look at. You will just pi$$ off the techs at cfc and they are very helpfull ( in my experience) when I call to confirm Antique status on a questionable gun! Just call them up and ask if the one you are looking at is considered Antique.
 
Back
Top Bottom