progress on 61 springfield

Musketfire

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Location
Algoma region
For the past couple of months or so I have been slowly repairing and restoring a nice origional 61 springfield.

Well today I had a chance to finish a bit more on the old girl, the lock is done with a new hammer "newly made came rough cast" a new sear and snail.

The sear needed to be sized and the notches on the snail needed to be defined. the hammer needed to have the casting marks and flash filed off and fitted to the snail.

All in all the old girl is coming along, progress makes me happy!!

Cheers!!

61springfieldlocktoday003.jpg

61springfieldlocktoday002.jpg

61springfieldlocktoday001.jpg
 
Very good workmanship. The piece that you are referring to as the snail is actually the tumbler unless I am mistaken. The snail is also called a bolster and is part of the breach plug or alternately can be an integral part of the barrel depending on make and model of gun.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom