I recently got my hands on an older 10 gauge double. I checked the thread about proof marks and the only one I could really compare was the "E L G" with the crown over it, which seems to put me in a post-1893 time. I also noticed the Belgian stamp for "Perron" on the gun.
I'm curious if anyone knows what some of the other marks would mean? Or if there is a way to get an exact (or approximate) year of manufacture?
Also, would this be a black powder only shotgun, or would it be ok to use smokeless loads?
In this second pic, the number at the bottom is either "10.75" or "10-75"
I'm curious if anyone knows what some of the other marks would mean? Or if there is a way to get an exact (or approximate) year of manufacture?
Also, would this be a black powder only shotgun, or would it be ok to use smokeless loads?
In this second pic, the number at the bottom is either "10.75" or "10-75"























































