Pulling FMJ in .223 and seating a varmint bullets?

Jayph

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
now that some places have the black box federal for 399/1000 I was wondering if anybody has pulled the 55gr FMJ bullets and reseated a 55gr varmint bullet? I have a magazine article that says it's doable but I am just curious if anybody has? Seems like a quick easy way to get 1000 gopher rounds.

Is there any reason not too? I got lazy and havent bought or prepped any brass or got supplies to load .223 and the season is creaping up. Then I would have 1000 brass for next year to load up.

Thanks

Jason
 
Some people call it " Mexican Match" ammo, figure out the average powder charge per shell, pull the fmj load all shells with same powder charge and seat varmint bullet that won't increase pressure( e.g. one of the same weight and similar construction). There are better instructions available, just check around a bit.

If you detonate yourself using these instructions I take no resposibility for your actions.
 
Back
Top Bottom