Pulling the cylinder on an MK1 Webley

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Ok guys, I asked this a while ago but didn't get an answer that dealt with what I was asking so trying again.

How does one remove the cylinder on a MK1 Webley?

So far I know to completely unscrew and remove the cross screw located under the barrel in front of those little wings.

1)- I assume that's all there is holding the whole cylinder assembly to the barrel. On my gun, once I have removed that screw and pulled on the cylinder it refuses to move. I could press it out if I knew it was just stuck, but I'm worried that there's something else I'm missing and I don't want to bugger it up, since this gun is smooth and tight as any brand new gun out there.

2)- I can see there's some sort of inset nut with two grooves in it at the back of the cylinder itself, under the cylinder star, that the cylinder star main pin passes through, but can't see how to remove it before taking the cylinder out of the gun.

Currently google only has info on MKIV guns so it isn't much help.
 
yep yours is stuck get some WD 40 in there let it soak in for awhile.

It should pull out once that screw is removed the Cylinder comes strait back has a long tube that pulls out with the cylinder.
 
Back
Top Bottom