Purlator/DHL Ammo shipping

lebl468

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
228   0   0
Location
Cold Lake AB
Hello, I went to both places today to see what it would cost to send 3 boxes of 16ga shotgun shells to NB, and was told neither would handle them. I see from the search function that guys here have shipped with both companies. I took the word of the lady at DHL, even though she never looked it up, but I phoned the Purlator cust serv line, and was told I would have to be an approved customer, because ammo requires a "signature trail". Anyone who has shipped, what did you do? More accurately, where you honest about the contents of the package? I don't want to get caught in a lie, so if I have to lie, I won't bother selling them.

Thanks
 
shipping with purolator.

must be done in original factory cartons with the UN 0012 number and 1.4S on the side. Also add in Limited Qty in marker on the side

They add a dangerous good indicator but it costs nothing. Thats TDG stuff.

Ammo is dangerous goods but there is an exception for small qtys ( under 250kg ) for commercial use. ie. I have it and I sold it! for commercial ammunition.

so you cannot send it in the thin box you picked up the ammo from Canadian tire. You need a cardboard carton the 12 or 20 boxes originially came in. ( just for the UN and 1.4 #)

if you gave questions pm me.



go back to purolator a
 
I've shipped with UPS but you half to take it to one of there stores and it's not cheap.40 buck's to ship 100rnds of 222 from Toronto to Calgary.I had to phone around and find one that had there dangerous goods permit.
 
Back
Top Bottom