Putting a stock on an antique revolver...

Nope - short of rechambering an antique into a "no-go" caliber you can't make them restricted or prohibited. If the frame were replaced with a new frame, it might change...... but the frame is the gun anyways, so you would be putting antique parts on a new gun, rather than vice versa.



Edit:

How the heck does that fit onto a webley self loader, and why does it cost $895??????????

2nd edit:

Smart alec response, but there should be a law against the aesthetic crime of doing it ;)
 
Yeah, this particular one is butt-ugly... If I actually end up making one it will look much better.


It fits on a Webley with a specially adapted grip. Which are probably worth the price of a house today, matching and all.
And it looks like it should cost 30 bucks...
 
Hmmmm - actually, I think I understand your question now - were you asking in case a stock would make it a rifle and change the regulations that way?

I think you would be ok, since there are other laws stating that once it is a restricted revolver it can't be made non restricted by adding a permanent stock and longer barrel - so basically their rules would bite them in the butt on this.

Of course, they could always just ignore you and send the RCMP because they don't really care what is law and what isn't in regards to enforcement.
 
Polky, that's what I'm going after. I didn't know they made new ones, and I couldn't even find a decent pic. That's why I posted the other monstrosity!

Interesting(for some) piece of trivia: This is the stock from which Boba Fett's laser rifle(or whatever) was modeled from.

Unfortunately, it's for the MkVI, which is not antique. And it's over the magic $100 where gun parts start killing puppies. I'll just get a machinist buddy to rig something up from the picture and the MkI grip.

HWally, you got me right. As far as I know only a change in caliber can make an antique restricted. And I know you can add a stock to a restricted handgun, so why not an antique handgun. I just have the unfortunate reflex to think 'this is too much fun and freedom, there's probably a law against it'.

Tactical870, now you're making me think this is too much fun and freedom, there's probably a law against it!
Seriously, what regulation says how a handgun becomes a rifle? Isn't it always just a handgun with a stock on it? Unless permanently affixed, maybe?
 
Actually, I believe you may be safe there. A handgun is forever and always a handgun by law:

cc 84(1)

“handgun”

« arme de poing »

“handgun” means a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands;

Your antique handgun will always be a handgun for antique status purposes.

Whether your provinces wildlife act will consider it a rifle if stocked is another question.

J
 
Your antique handgun will always be a handgun for antique status purposes.

Whether your provinces wildlife act will consider it a rifle if stocked is another question.

J

That's how I see it too. Now, off to find a definition of handgun and rifle in Qc's wildlife act...

Really don't know what I would hunt with it anyway...

edit: There is no definition of handgun or rifle in Quebec's wildlife act.
 
A point of clarification may be needed here judging from the fact that all postings in this thread seem to presume that it would be a
Webley revolver to which such a shoulder stock would be attached.....

In fact, the shoulder stock to which Sardaukar linked in his initial post is actually a reproduction of an accessory for the Webley &
Scott self-loading pistol (..... British terminology for semi-automatic ......) of the type adopted by the Royal Navy
in 1912 and by the War Department in 1913, based on the Webley & Scott Model 1910 Self-Loading Pistol. (Indeed, since Webley
produced their first self-loading model in 1906, none of their self-loading pistols could be "antique" under Canadian law.)

The Naval and Military Webley self-loaders were chambered for a rimless .455 caliber cartridge similar to the .45ACP .... although
not identical. As an illustration of the Webley self-loading pistol in question, here is the diagram from the first entry relating to these
pistols in the War Department's List of Changes in War Matériel and of Patterns of Military Stores -

Pistolself-loadingWebleyandScott.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom