Pyrodex vs 777 vs Goex FFFG Blackpowder

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
I want to buy a powder to shot my cartridge revolvers (Colt SAA & Colt DA).

Higginson's has Pyrodex & 777 in stock.

McLeod's Blasting on Van Isl have Goex FFFG Blackpowder. They seem to only want to ship 25lbs worth. I'd consider buying that amount if shooting real black powder was worth it (not that I need that much).

What are your thoughts?
 
Depends. If you live on Vancouver Island you may be able to get together with a couple of other people and get enough goex to last awhile... We did it for Courtenay/Campbell river so between 5 people it got spread out. On the other hand if you get it from Higginson you will not have to go through that. I tried 777 recently and I was astonished at how easy the cleanup is compared to bp or pryodex. definetely more expensive though.

Cheers. Steve.
 
Back
Top Bottom